Some time ago I wrote an entry about RCN’s dumb password questions. Today, I got to deal with this crap again. I tried to reset my password and saw:
As I recently explained in an email to the Dist::Zilla list, Pod::Weaver is on hold while I’m too busy with other priorities. This has been a holdup for Dist::Zilla, as its Pod::Weaver integration is my big need.
Building email messages is a pain. Even if you use a library to build the message string for you, you have to know a lot of crap and pay attention to a lot of details. If you know what those details are, it’s a pain. If you don’t know what they are, you don’t feel any pain until later, when you find out all the ways things went wrong.
I’ve been doing a lot of work on our internal library for building multipart email messages from templates. Email::MIME has been stabbing me in the face much of the time.
I’ve been meaning to convert some old code, not originally mine, from VCS-free CPAN releases to git. That is: I want to take each release and commit it to a git repository, preserving authorship, dates, and so on. Someone told me that Jon Rockway’s metacpan would help with this, but it wasn’t going to work right out of the box, and I was more interested in results than learning. I’m sure that he could produce something much better than the garbage I produced, and I hope he does.
I think that Get Satisfaction may be my absolute least favorite place on the internet. I have never visited it without ending up really angry.
During my last campaigns, we had no good miniatures. We used four pawns (more or less) for the PCs and coins for enemies. This presented numerous problems. The pawns were mostly indistinguishable and had no clear facing. The same went for the coins, since we usually couldn’t use one type of coin per enemy.
As is often the case after a trip or holiday, I’m so beat that I am in no shape to give a full or accurate recounting of events. Here are some of the highlights, for posterity.
At work, we have two kits for writing CLI programs: App::Cmd and ICG::CLI. I wrote both of them, and they’re not quite compatible. Oops!
These have been sitting in my idea queue, but I have no time to think if hilarious things to do, so I share two silly module names with you: