pod::weaver is coming
Oh. Actually, Pod::Weaver is already on the CPAN. It’s just not all that useful yet. I had been using it as part of Dist::Zilla for a while, but it needed more work to be useful for my applications. Some of it was design work and some of it was implementation work, and rather than sort it all out, I took my early, crappy proof of concept work and released it as its own thing, PodPurler. It wasn’t extensible, tested, or… well, it wasn’t very good. It just happened to do what I needed.
Thankfully, it’s time for me to get back to work on Pod::Weaver. The Perl Foundation has funded a grant for the completion of a good bit of work related to Pod::Weaver and related tools, and I’m hoping to get lots of improvements done. Before the end of summer, I’m hoping to have most or all of my original vision for Pod::Weaver completed.
I figured this might be a good time to play around some more with GitHub
Pages so I’ve made a
gh-pages branch in my project
and thrown up the original proposal as well as the planned
deliverables on it. I’ll try to keep them
updated as I go.
The first step is going to be pretty boring: although I’ve been using Pod::Eventual plenty since putting Weaver on the back burner, Weaver and its underlying POD-handling code, Pod::Elemental haven’t seen me around much. I’m going to need to refresh my memory on exactly how they work, how they should work, and the order in which I’ll need to tackle problems.
Wish me luck!