I just needed to create a Yahoo! account for someone who wanted to be able to access some of my photos. This required creating security questions and answers, and as usual the questions available to pick from were really awful. It just got stupider, though, when I tried to pick answers that I would be able to remember. (Many security questions are horrible because their answers change over time.)
I’m finally on the last leg of my trip home from YAPC. The travel home was slightly chaotic, and I worked a full day before actually getting onto the road home, but it’s been fine. The planes were fine, I was seated next to Walt (by chance!) and I didn’t suffer any extreme delays. That might change, as it looks like I’m going to be over an hour late getting home, but maybe that won’t come to pass. It would be nice to get to see Martha awake before tomorrow morning. Still, Gloria will be awake, and hopefully we can relax and maybe catch up on Top Chef a little.
I’ve just finished, but not released, a
dzil setup command. If a user runs
dzil (for most purposes) without a
config.ini present, this warning is displayed:
Spoilers may follow.
YAPC is only about three weeks away, and I have a lot of work to do on my presentation material. I’m giving three presentations: one on Perl 5.12, one on Git, and one on Dist::Zilla. The Dist::Zilla talk will also be presented at OSCON. I’ve been working feverishly to get prepared for those talks, but not by writing presentation material.
I wrote about Soulver about three years ago when I accidentally acquired a free license. This morning, I saw Marcus promoting a new version and I thought I’d give it a look.
The following is a message I recently sent to the Dist::Zilla mailing list:
I’m pretty darn cautious about upgrading stuff on servers, but for some reason
every once in a while I lose my mind and say, “I’m going to do a
my primary workstation right before (bedtime, work, a deadline).” I did that
Last night, I was making some improvements to some work code, and trying to make it easier to use in places where I wasn’t using it yet. Part of this involved allowing an important attibute to be a weak reference. I really wanted to do something like this:
Here’s the meaningless top-level lines-of-code changes performed during my grant work: